There is truly no better feeling than having perfect, glowing, clear skin. You feel more confidence, and you are able to reflect how fantastic you feel inside. With your best skin ever, you are able to face the day and the world around you with pride and joy.
Though the spa and the dermatologist are all well and good – and they can certainly help you get the glow – there’s a lot to be said for taking things into your own hands. Since you’re already filling your body with beautiful, healthy ingredients, so now it’s time to think about smearing them on your skin. That way you’ll be radiant inside and out.
Here is our menu of our favorite DIY natural facemasks. And we certainly won’t judge if you sneak a bite.
The Early Bird Mask
Turn breakfast into a treat for the whole body. The combination of oatmeal and egg yolks will calm and mattify oily skin while also providing a tightening boost.
1. Mix half a cup of oatmeal with one egg yolk, one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Apply to face for 15-20 minutes.
3. Rinse off with lukewarm water and slather on your favorite moisturizer.
The Better Than Brunch Mask
- Don’t get us wrong. We love to order The Sinner for a luxurious mid-morning treat as much as the next person, but it’s time you turn your attention to your skin rather than your stomach. If you’ve got sensitive skin, then this is the ideal mask for you to help you get a healthy glow that looks totally natural.
1. Mash half of a banana in a small bowl.
2. Add one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of orange juice and stir to combine.
3. Carefully rub the mixture into your skin, avoiding your eyes, and let rest for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse off with warm – not hot – water and apply moisturizer to your face.
The Teatime Mask
Instead of reserving your honey and citrus for your afternoon tea break, try applying them to your face to combat dull skin. A few minutes on the face will leave you with a bright, lovely glow.
1. Stir together ¼ cup of honey with three tablespoons of orange juice.
2. Gently massage it onto your face and neck and let it sit for 15 minutes.
3. Remove with a facecloth soaked with lukewarm water and follow with moisturizer.
The Snack Attack Mask
The only thing worse than a rumbling tummy is skin that isn’t as clean as your diet. Say goodbye to acne, thanks to the nutritional yeast, high in B-vitamins that calm your skin barrier, and the antibacterial properties in honey.
1. Brew a cup of chamomile tea and let cool completely.
2. In a small bowl, stir together one tablespoon of nutritional yeast and one tablespoon of manuka honey.
3. Dribble in just enough chamomile tea until a thick paste forms. Make sure it’s runny enough to smear across your face.
4. Apply a thin layer to your face and let sit for 20 minutes.
5. Rinse it off and dry your face before putting on a gorgeous layer of moisturizer.
The Dreamy Dessert Mask
As always, we’ve saved the best for last. When you’re craving a treat, treat your skin instead. The cacao will soothe your skin, the avocado provides unparalleled hydration and the honey has skin-boosting antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Add one tablespoon cacao powder and one tablespoon of honey and stir to combine.
3. Massage the mixture into dry skin and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and follow with moisturizer.