So take off all your clothes? Well, maybe leave that towel on. You are in an infrared sauna, after all. Oh what’s that you say? You don’t know what an infrared sauna is? It may sound a little spooky, but it is one of the best things you can do for your body. After just a few sessions, you’ll begin to feel more energised, you’ll reduce your pain and you’ll be glowing all over.
As we all know, sweating is an excellent way to rid your body of unwanted toxins, and this is detoxification 2.0. Not only will your body rid itself of normal toxins but also dangerous heavy metals like mercury and lead, as well as chemicals from the environment. Even short bouts of time spent in an infrared sauna can help to increase relaxation, relieve pain, increase circulation, purify skin and promote weight loss. In short, it’s basically a miracle worker.
Though using an infrared sauna is a pretty simple process – slip into your towel and step into the sauna – there are a few things to know in order to maximize your experience. Infrared saunas can be available at different levels, which represent different sizes in the wavelengths and have different results according to the intensity. Near are best to encourage wound healing and improve immune function, middle are the best to help you relax and increase circulation and far are what to opt for when you want to detoxify.
Start with a 10-minute session and slowly work your way up to 30 minutes at 70-82 degrees Celsius. Grab one of our refreshing coconut waters afterwards to rehydrate and replenish the electrolytes and minerals you lost during your sweat sesh.
Think you can handle the heat? Here are six benefits to ruminate on whilst you get hot and sweaty.
1. Helps you relax. The infrared sauna will help to balance your cortisol levels in your body, which will reduce stress. Additionally, the heat it gives off will relieve tension and relax muscles, aiding overall mental and physical relaxation.
2. Help you lose weight. Now this doesn’t mean we’re advocating ditching your spin classes or runs in the park altogether, but regular infrared saunas can promote weight loss. The heat of the sauna will raise your core temperature and heart rate; when your body works to lower these, it will burn more calories and thus increase weight loss
3. Helps you increase circulation. When your core temperature increases, your circulation does as well. Cheers to improved blood flow!
4. Helps you reduce pain. The increased circulation and muscle relaxation that the heat encourages will help alleviate muscle aches and joint pain.
5. Helps you get clearer skin. As you spend time in the infrared sauna, your pores will be rid of toxins. Additionally, the increased circulation will also help you get healthier-looking skin that is clearer and softer.
6. Helps you detoxify. Though a traditional Swedish-style sauna will help a bit with detoxification through sweating, an infrared sauna will actually let your body eliminate seven times more toxins. Sounds pretty great to us.
Looking to detoxify a little more? Our E3Live or Ginger Shots will get you going. Looking to detoxify a lot more? Our Juice Cleanse will complete the experience, leaving you feeling squeaky clean inside and out.