We are really and truly in the throes of autumn. Just look around you. The leaves have changed, and there’s a chill in the air. While we often find ourselves more motivated to get up and do things (particularly active, wellness-oriented things) in summer, we believe that fall is as good a time as any to start checking things off that wellness bucket list.
If you’re feeling uninspired, we don’t blame you. Let’s just blame those extra short days. But either way, we’re here to help you with our very own list. Here’s what we’re tackling before autumn changes to winter.
- Go for a brisk walk through the forest. We particularly love the Amsterdamse Bos.
- DIY a pumpkin spice latte with oat milk at home or doctor up one of our Almond Lattes with a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
- Wander through the Noordermarkt or the Ten Katemarkt and pick out the most delicious looking seasonal veggies.
- Go for a juice cleanse. It’s the perfect way to reset before the holiday madness that’s just around the corner.
- Roast pumpkin seeds. Just because Halloween has come and gone doesn’t mean we’re over pumpkins. If you decorate your house with festive gourds, scoop out the seeds before you toss them and roast them. They’re the perfect healthy snack.
- Get together with some friends and go for a bike ride. It may be chilly, but when the sun is shining, there’s nothing better. Head out to Broek in Waterland or Ouderkerk aan de Amstel.
- Donate to a food bank. Doing something good for others is also good for your soul.
- Unplug for a day. Even though it can feel super cosy to spend all day nestled inside, scrolling through social media, your heart and your mind will thank you for a day away.
- Spend a day volunteering. It doesn’t matter what you’re doing so long as it’s doing good for others. You’ll feel warm and fuzzy in no time.
- Watch the sunset. Appreciate the natural beauty of the world around you.